Omega 3 DHA Supplement
Supplement companies wanting to invest in manufacturing a strategic nutritional supplement, should consider Omega 3 DHA supplements, already the number one supplement choice of Americans according to an online survey reported by ConsumberLab.com in February 2010.1 The famous omega 3 fatty acids have been attracting increased consumer interest as research continues to validate their diverse benefits to health.
Omega-3 fatty acids are a group of long-chain fatty acids comprising of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and alpha linolenic acid (ALA). DHA omega 3 is seen to play a prominent role in promoting health right from the fetal stage of existence to the senior years of life.
Why is a DHA Omega 3 Supplement Important?
Research shows a direct correlation between a daily intake of Omega 3 DHA supplements and specific health conditions.
Heart health – Very few nutrients have been linked as extensively with heart health as DHA Omega 3. It supports normal cholesterol and triglyceride counts, regulates healthy blood pressure and glucose levels. It helps to reduce the risk of atherosclerosis and improves cardiac capacity. In the last 25 years, 4,500 research studies have been conducted on the role of DHA and EPA on heart health.2-5
Brain and Behavioral Health – There is extensive research linking DHA Omega 3 supplementation with improved cognitive skills and mental acuity. Positive effects of taking Omega 3 DHA supplements have been found in both children and adults. A clinically-supported dose is associated with lower incidence of depression and dementia. Some studies show that DHA fish oil supplements may help improve behavioral problems in children.6-9
Promoting immunity – Omega 3 DHA supplements have anti-inflammatory properties known to promote immune health and alleviate symptoms of inflammatory conditions like joint pain, inflammatory bowel disorder, Crohn’s disease, allergies and asthma.10
Vision Health – An adequate intake of DHA has beneficial effect on retinal functions and visual processing. A higher intake is required during pregnancy for fetal development as well as in the elderly to prevent age-related degeneration.11-13
Private Label a Superior-Quality DHA Omega 3 Supplement!
Vitacap Labs has two well-formulated omega-3 supplements:
Vitacap Labs, the leading private label vitamin and supplement manufacturer, has a GMP-certified facility that is fully equipped to facilitate precision manufacturing and short lead times for you. We are one of the only private label manufacturers to offer flexible production runs with minimum orders starting at just 96 bottles!
For more information, contact our service professionals today or Click Here to request a free quote.
- 1. http://www.consumerlab.com/news/Supplement_Survey_Report/1_31_2010/
- 2. American Heart Association Home Page. www.americanheart.org. 2000.
- 3. Siscovick, D.S., et al. Dietary intake and cell membrane levels of long-chain n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and the risk of primary cardiac arrest. JAMA, 1995. 274:1363-1367
- 4. Mori, T.A., et al. Docosahexaenoic acid but not eicosapentaenoic acid lowers ambulatory blood pressure and heart rate in humans. Hypertension, 1999. 34:253-260
- 5. Circulation. 2002;106:2747, Fish Consumption, Fish Oil, Omega-3 Fatty Acids, and Cardiovascular Disease.
- 6. J Nutr. 2010 Apr;140(4):869-74. Epub 2010 Feb 24. DHA may prevent age-related dementia.
- 7. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, doi:10.3945/ajcn.2008.26692F Vol. 89, No. 3, 958S-962S, March 2009, Role of docosahexaenoic acid in maternal and child mental health.
- 8. The FASEB Journal. 2008;22:299.3. Long-Chain Omega-3 fatty acids associated with better cognitive function and less depressive symptoms in a population of Puerto Rican adults in Boston, MA.
- 9. Alternative Medicine Review Voiume 12, Number3 2007, Omega^3 DHA and EPA for Cognition, Behavior, and Mood: Clinical Findings and Structural/Functional Synergies with Cell Membrane Phospholipids
- 10. Infection and Immunity, July 2004, p. 4327-4329, Vol. 72, No. 7, Docosahexaenoic Acid and Eicosapentaenoic Acid Antagonize the Proinflammatory Interactions of Pneumolysin with Human Neutrophils
- 11. Am J Clin Nutr. 2010 Apr;91(4):848-59. Epub 2010 Feb 3. The DIAMOND (DHA Intake And Measurement Of Neural Development) Study: a double-masked, randomized controlled clinical trial of the maturation of infant visual acuity as a function of the dietary level of docosahexaenoic acid.
- 12. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2003 Sep;88(5):F383-90. Maternal docosahexaenoic acid supplementation during pregnancy and visual evoked potential development in term infants: a double blind, prospective, randomized trial.
- 13. Arch Ophthalmol. 2008 September; 126(9): 1274–1279. The Relationship of Dietary ω-3 Long-Chain Polyunsaturated Fatty Acid Intake With Incident Age-Related Macular Degeneration AREDS Report No. 23.